Aller au contenu

CrEEEEps! - Gregg Araki (2006)

Steve

Messages recommandés

Au hasard de mes recherches au boulot, je suis tombe sur le site de Renaissance Films, maison de production du prochain Gregg Araki. Et on y trouve plein d'infos.

Director:

Gregg Araki (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, THE DOOM GENERATION)

Cast:

Brady Corbet (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, THIRTEEN)

Evan Rachel Wood (UPSIDE OF ANGER, THE MISSING, THIRTEEN)

Victor Rasuk (LORDS OF DOGTOWN, RAISING VICTOR VARGAS)

Michelle Trachtenberg (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, EURO TRIP, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER)

Shawn Ashmore (X-2, X-MEN)

Producer:

Mary Jane Skalski (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, THE STATION AGENT, BROTHERS MCMULLEN)

Screenplay:

Gregg Araki (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, THE DOOM GENERATION)

Executive Producers:

Angus Finney (THE MOTHER, POBBY AND DINGAN)

Director of Photography:

Steve Gainer, ASC (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, A DIRTY SHAME, BULLY)

Costume Designer:

Alix Hester (MYSTERIOUS SKIN)

Music Supervisor:

Tracy McKnight (A DIRTY SHAME, COFFEE AND CIGARETTES, RAISING VICTOR VARGAS)

SPP: Spring 2005

Delivery: Spring 2006

Language: English

Format: 35mm, THX Dolby Digital

Genre: Scifi/Horror

Country of Origin: USA

SYNOPSIS

Like any normal sixteen year old, IAN CURTIS has one burning desire in life: to get laid.

And it seems as though that momentous occasion may finally come to pass when his divorced parents leave him the keys to his dad's brand new mansion, located deep in the most exclusive and secluded hills of Malibu, California. Ian and his pals, the ever randy COYOTE and smartass rave girl SPARKLE organize an impromptu group hang, inviting the object of Ian's adoration, TREASURE along with her rich bitch friend SKYLER and Skyler's frat-jock boyfriend DAR.

The night is set for some major hooking up action till Skyler's annoying fifteen year old brother ZIGGY and his even nerdier sidekicks LINUS and PIZZA show up, threatening to spoil everyone's fun. But their unwelcome intrusion is nothing compared to that of the ultimate uninvited party crasher: a two-inch, insect-like Alien Creature that invades bodies by scrambling into ears, screaming mouths or any other available orifice. Then, as if that wasn't horrific enough, the Aliens go on to reproduce by the hundreds inside their unlucky host before bursting through dissolving flesh to unleash a horde of Creatures to infect everyone in the vicinity.

Talk about a total buzz kill...

JE VEUX !!!

DIRECTOR'S STATEMENT

Like vintage Carpenter, Romero, Cronenberg and Hitchcock, crEEEEps! aims to scare the hell out of its audience while simultaneously aspiring to the highest levels of cinematic achievement. As these directors have proven time and again, just because a film is a successful genre piece doesn't mean it can't also be a masterful work of extraordinary style, thematic substance and cultural impact.

However, while I hold the deepest respect for the horror genre, my own sense is that, in 2005, it's a bit played out. Every permutation and variation feels done and there's little room left for surprise or new ground. Same goes for the raunchy AMERICAN PIE teen sex comedy. That's why, with crEEEEps!, I sought to cross-pollinate these two venerable but exhausted genres to create something vigorous and new. And, given the large audience overlap shared between these R-rated genres, this hybrid seems like a shrewd combination.

One of my initial inspirations for crEEEEps! was the first ALIEN which I found a hundred times scarier when the Creature was that little thing popping out of John Hurt's chest and zipping around the spaceship. It could be anywhere - which was so much more terrifying than when it became a guy running around in a big rubber suit. Another inspiration came from watching any number of recent entries in the genre with the vexing thought running through my head "Why is there only violence in this movie and virtually no sex?". It seemed a waste of an "R" rating to me.

My experience with the Friday night horror film crowd is that they want their buttons pushed over and over again - this audience, more than any other, demands unrelenting, almost merciless stimulation. That's why crEEEEps! is designed as a ferociously entertaining scare ride with action, sex, laughs and gore to keep the audience perpetually on the edge or jumping out of their seats. Featuring a sexy ensemble comprised of the best young actors working today, cutting edge music and gorgeous, adrenaline-pumping style, the film appeals in equal measure to discriminating cinephiles and the horror/comic-con masses. And, due to many years of experience in the indie trenches and the use of extensive storyboards and pre-planning, we can deliver more bang-for-the-buck thrills and excitement in crEEEEps! than DAWN OF THE DEAD, 28 DAYS LATER or any of the SCREAMs - not to mention overblown studio movies with budgets ten times as large.

• Créer...