Aller au contenu

Martyrs [remake] - Daniel Stamm, 2011

Kerozene

Messages recommandés

Il y a plein de films dont les remakes sont attendus/anticipés/prévisibles, mais alors celui-ci, je ne l'avais pas vu venir....

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/11/cue-inner-conflict-daniel-stamm-attached-to-direct-us-remake-of-martyrs.php

This news pulls me quite hard in two different directions. Ready? Here we go:

Bad news: One of the producers of Twilight is backing a US remake of Pascal Laugier's grueling but brilliant Martyrs. This bit isn't new. We've known it for a while.

Good news: Daniel Stamm has just been attached to direct the thing. If you must do this thing you should at least have a good director and given that I think Stamm's The Last Exorcism is one of the best US horror films of recent years he definitely qualifies.

Bad news: Stamm says "Martyrs is very nihilistic. The American approach would go through all that darkness but then give a glimmer of hope. You don't have to shoot yourself when it's over." But ... but ... the nihilism is part of the point! There may be some interesting directions you could push things in to do something different with it but if you strip that element out you run a very significant risk of altering something fundamental to the story in which case it makes more sense to just tell a new story rather than trying to force this one to be something it is not.

Good news: No Kristen Stewart.

I've got a lot of faith in Stamm right now so I'm willing to hold off jumping to any conclusions until we really know what he's up to - or if this is even able to get financed and off the ground - but the idea of Martyrs being brought into the American studio context is one that makes me very nervous.

Deux possibilités pour la fin optimiste :

A la fin, quand ils lui ont arraché la peau. Tout le monde rentre dans la pièce et explique que c'était pour surprise surprise.

Ou alors, les méchants mystiques viennent vers elle et lui font un beau manteau de peau pour qu'elle prenne pas trop de froid une fois qu'elle a témoigné de ce qu'elle a vu de l'autre côté.

• Créer...