Aller au contenu

Killer Pizza - on sait pas, 2013

Kerozene

Messages recommandés

Je suis tombé sur cette news par hasard, et le titre est tellement génial que je me devais de le mentionner ici.

C'est donc l'adaptation d'un bouquin pour ados:

Le scénar est écrit par Adam Green, le responsable des "Hatchet" et de "Frozen"... mais soutenu par Chris Colombus... Drôle d'union...

Although his last few directorial projects have been mediocre at best, Chris Columbus continues to be a force for cool family entertainment in Hollywood. Recently he helped shepherd a deal at MGM that finds them landing the rights to Killer Pizza, a script written by Adam Green (Hatchet, Frozen) based on the young adult book by Greg Taylor. The story is said to have a Gremlins and Goonies-type vibe, and Chris Columbus should know — after all, he wrote the original screenplays for both of those films. Raffaella De Laurentiis (The Forbidden Kingdom, Dragonheart) will produce along with Columbus, who is setting it up through his own 1492 Pictures.

The plot is described as follows:

“Toby McGill dreams of becoming a world-famous chef, but up until now, his only experience has been watching the Food Network. When Toby lands a summer job at Killer Pizza, where pies like The Monstrosity and The Frankensausage are on the menu, things seem perfect. His coworkers, Annabel and Strobe, are cool, and Toby loves being part of a team. But none of them are prepared for what’s really going on at Killer Pizza: It’s a front for a monster-hunting organization! Learning to cook pizzas is one thing, but killing hideously terrifying monsters? That’s a whole other story. Still, if Toby quits Killer Pizza, will monsters take over his town?”

It’s a bit of a surprise to hear that Adam Green wrote the script, considering that he is best known for his gory, R-rated horror flicks. He currently has the anthology film Chillerama hitting DVD and Blu-ray on November 29th, and is also writing Hatchet 3, but not directing. It’s not yet clear if he will take the director’s chair for Killer Pizza, but I would certainly be interested to see what he can do with it. If you ask me, it sounds a lot like The Monster Squad, and I’d be more interested in seeing this than the upcoming remake. Are you looking forward to ordering up some Killer Pizza?

• Créer...