Aller au contenu

HOSTEL 2 - Eli Roth, 2007

Kerozene

Messages recommandés

ça a été posté aujourd'hui sur le site de Fango où on apprend que Roth se prépare aussi pour les "prestigieux" MTV Movie Awards à vemir en juillet...:

June 9: Eli Roth talks HOSTEL 2 plot details

MTV.com reports that Eli Roth’s follow-up to his horror hit HOSTEL is slated for a January 2007 release, and will soon commence principal photography. In attendance for the July 3 taping of the 2006 MTV Movie Awards in Culver City, CA, Roth (pictured with KNB’s Howard Berger on the HOSTEL set) tells the site, “I shaved today for the first time in three weeks because I haven’t left my house; I’ve been working on the script for HOSTEL 2.”

The writer/director reveals that the sequel takes a cue from HALLOWEEN II, picking up the moment its predecessor leaves off and featuring actor Jay Hernandez returning as the unlucky Paxton. “It’s going to start literally with the next cut,” Roth says, “and you’re going to see [Paxton] at the same time.” Given the trauma suffered by Paxton in the original, Roth seems interested in his character arc taking an even darker turn in HOSTEL 2 (something he had intended in an early draft of the original). “Jay has a few less fingers, so it might be difficult for him to blend in,” Roth reveals. “He’s not out of the woods yet. You see the guy and he’s having nightmares and can’t sleep and is going crazy. You’ll see that he’s totally messed up from the experience. It’s completely wrecked him, and his life is in ruins.”

As for the sequels’ new protagonists (a necessity given the grisly demises of the rest of the first film’s leads), Roth reveals that HOSTEL 2 will have a more feminine focus, revolving around three girls who encounter Paxton in Europe. “They’re studying in Italy for the summer, and they get lured, and they go back to…well, we’re going to go back to a lot of familiar places,” Roth says. He promises, however, that he’s expanding on the HOSTEL universe, not setting all of the torturous mayhem in the original’s Slovakian slaughterhouse. “It’s all part of the organization,” he explains. “They’ve got the whole thing set up all over the place, and they have different scouts. We’re going to learn a lot more about how it all works. In HOSTEL 2 you’re really going to see the ins and outs of the whole organization and how they get people and kill them.

“Quentin [Tarantino] was really helpful when I told him the story idea,” Roth says of his friend and HOSTEL executive producer. “I was like, ‘What do you think about this?’ and he was like, ‘Oh man, what if we did it with girls?’ We started to talk about some different death scenes, and anytime I’d say, ‘Oh, what if we killed someone like this?’, he had three other different ways to kill them. When he reads the script, it inspires a bunch of things.

“There will be plenty of blood and torture,” Roth concludes. “I can tell you that.” —Sean Decker

• Réponses 86
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Un petit message d'Eli Roth

Last night we had our first unit wrap party. Basically, what that means is that we're not finished yet, but I'm going to Iceland next week to shoot, and then coming back after that to finish shooting for a week, but many of the crew will be on other films by then, so it's a great excuse to have a party. I have been to wrap parties in New York, Los Angeles and North Carolina. They have nothing on the Czechs. We went fucking nuts. We had just finished a blood-soaked 6 day week, so everyone was exhausted and a little out of their minds, and we all just went berserk. The guys from KNB, Mike, Kevin, and Chad, made a few mix CDs filled with good hard rock music so we didn't get stuck listening to crappy music which can happen if you get the wrong DJ. For the protection of my cast and crew, I can't really reveal any details of what happened, but I woke up this afternoon with a number of bruises and bite marks, most of which I can't remember getting. Which may or may not be a good thing.

There are several periods in my life that I remember looking around thinking that absolutely everyone around was incredibly horny and trying to hook up. One was the first day of 7th grade, when we were tossed from elementary school into junior high with about 4 other schools, and a whole new wave of girls. We were going insane. It's all we could talk about. That lasted pretty much through high school. Another is the first week of college freshman year, when everyone's suddenly mixed in with a bunch of other sex-crazed college kids from all over the world. Another would be the last week of a film shoot. People are pretty well behaved during the shoot, but I noticed that in the last few days, people were throwing hail Mary passes left and right trying to hook up. I mean, from all departments, male and female, people were just going for it. All bets were off. Everyone was fair game, because they knew the shoot was coming to an end. Everyone except the directing department, I should say, because I'm the only one who really can't hook up during the shoot because I have too much work to do. (Producers as well - sorry guys...) That's the big myth about directors, that we have crazy sex making movies, but we're like monks. There's just no time, and I'm too focused on the film. It's only between movies. And I haven't really taken much of a break from Hostel 1 to Hostel Part 2. Can you see where I'm going with this? What the fuck, I never meant to write about this stuff. Okay, I gotta shut up before I get in more trouble.

Today I had to pack up, which is always depressing. The girls at Thai massage were sad that Gabe and I were leaving, even though I told them we'd be back in a few weeks. It was a beautiful fall day in Prague. The leaves are turning, and they're about half fallen off the trees, so the colors everywhere are spectacular. I went on a long run by myself, just thinking about everything, rocking out to a mix of David Bowie and some other classic rock. I was up in this park high above Prague when it started to lightly rain. I picked up my pace but by the time I got to Prague castle (which overlooks Prague) it was a near hurricaine. People were holding their baby carriages to avoid them rolling away Battleship Potemkin style. The wind was so strong you could barely stand up, and the sky went black. I was caught in this torrential downpour, in just a t-shirt and shorts, as I was running by the castle. I hopped over a security barrier and ducked into an alcove by a wooden castle door, where a few other people were taking shelter. We sat there for about fifteen minutes, and I couldn't really run because the ground is all cobblestone, and it's tricky enough running on them when they're dry. I realized that if I didn't run back to my apartment I was gonna get sick, and luckily the rain slowed down enough so you could see where you were going. I remember in prep when we were going through the schedule and talking equipment, and there were many days where my D.P. Milan Chadima (who shot the first HOSTEL) wanted a wetdown truck, which is a truck that will spray down the street right before you're shooting so it's wet and shiny. I kept saying "what the fuck do we need a wetdown for? We're in the woods at night." Milan would patiently explain to me that it can make the leaves look shiny, and that you get much better reflections. I figured "fuckit, Milan wants a wetdown, give him a wetdown." Well let me tell you, the dailies look fucking incredible. Now I get it. There are so many scenes that just look, well, better. You can't even really tell that the ground's wet, it just looks richer, more lush, and has far more texture and the light looks stunning. Milan, I should say, has done a brilliant job with the film, and his photography on this film is truly at a level beyond the first HOSTEL, which I thought looked amazing. Anyway, as I was running past the castle towards Letna park, I looked around and saw how stunning everything looked with the wetdown. Prague is just one of those cities that should be wet and shiny all the time. Everything - the colors, the texture, it just looked so fucking beautiful, and I was one of the only people out there. Then the sun came out, and there was this light sun shower. And as I came over the bridge from the Prague Castle Gardens into Letna park, I saw a double rainbow. It was so stunning I just stopped there and watched it for about two minutes, until the sun pushed the clouds away. I realized that I was the only person in the park, the only one who got to witness this spectacular view. I thought about the shoot. This shoot was very, very, very difficult. Not for any one particular reason, but because the script is far more complex, and we want everything to be at a higher level in the film. More characters, more scenes, more locations, more scope, and yes, more blood. And certainly more gore. My God - the KNB guys have done the most fucking incredible job on this film. I think the most violent cuts are going to come from the MPAA, but either way we'll have one hell of an unrated DVD. And I kept thinking of David Brent quoting Dolly Parton on 'The Office,' when he says 'you have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow.' And then I went back to thinking up more ways to kill people.

A HUGE congratulations to my fellow Splat Pack members Darren Boussman, James Wan and Leigh Whannell for their incredible success with SAW III. I am so fucking happy for those guys, and thrilled to be along for the ride. The response to the teaser trailer was great. It was a pretty big weekend for me. Not only did we finish first unit, but there's an article in TIME magazine (October 30th issue) about the new wave of horror, and they said really nice things about me. And this weekend, in addition to the teaser trailer going up on the home page of Yahoo's movie page, the Bravo "100 Scariest Movie Moments: Even Scarier Movies" ran, and they picked HOSTEL as the ..1 Scariest Movie. I can't believe it and even though those lists are just the opinion of a few people, it's nice to be chosen as the scariest. I think I mentioned that in a previous blog but I'm exhausted and delirious so forgive me if I'm repeating myself...

I also want to add a special thanks to Big Sister, where we had a great day shooting a few weeks ago. This place is insane. It's an on line brothel where you can watch customers have sex. But here's the deal - if you go there, you pay something like $15 bucks and you can have sex with anyone - for free. But you sign a release and you're a "contract player." That means they can use your content for DVDs, mobile phones, internet, whatever they want. I asked them "who would ever go to a brothel where you're on camera?" Well, there's a waiting list to get in. And no, I didn't go there on camera and have sex (yet), we just filmed there for a day. Don't believe me? Check it out:

http://www.bigsister.net

Off to mother Iceland for some shooting and silliness. Eythor (Oli from HOSTEL) is meeting us there and has been a big help. It's always a fun time with him.

Doit-on voir avec l'arrivée de cet acteur inattendu un signe distinctif propre aux films Hostel, où chaque épisode (il y en aura bien évidemment d'autres) s'offrirait l'apparition d'un metteur en scène culte d'œuvres trash ? Il y a des chances puisque après Takashi Miike en client satisfait dans le premier volet, c'est aujourd'hui le réalisateur italien Ruggero Deodato qui accompagnera Eli Roth dans Hostel 2 l'espace d'une scène "hallucinante" si l'on tient compte des propos de l'envoyé spécial du site de Bloody Disgusting. Le créateur du scandalisant Cannibal Holocaust sera accompagné pour l'occasion par Jay Hernadez, Richard Burgi et Bijou Phillips.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Créer...