Aller au contenu

Cloverfield - 01-18-08 - Matt Reeves (2008)

meltingman

Messages recommandés

• Réponses 733
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Tout en pensant à vous en sirotant une absinthe noire avant d'aller me baigner dans une mer à 25 degrés sous un soleil a 30, v'la les dernières rumeurs/hypothèses

So before I go any further... If you don't want to know the details of the movie.. than don't read after this point.. I won't give away everything.. but just certain things we've all been wondering. IT IS LONG AND I APOLOGIZE, BUT I WANTED TO GIVE AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN....

So.. basically I came across this board and found a lot of interesting theories and many ridiculous ones as well.. I myself became a a fan of the trailer and (like many of you) have been trying to find out what this movie is about.

As a member of the entertainment industry.. I was finally able to crack someone (a friend I trust) inside into giving me atleast some details...(No, it's not J.J or Reeves or someone big.. but he/she does work and has been on set of the movie... And since he/she, like anyone working on the movie, are on a strict gag order, I figure I will post this as my own "THEORY" in order to protect him/her. So this is my "THEORY"

So basically the trailer created a phenomenon that J.J and the producers never thought it would. After the buzz from the media and internet about the mysterious trailer, J.j saw this as a great marketing ploy to create even more buzz over this small little film. Yes! this movie was originally intended to just be a nice cult classic that monster movie lovers would like. This is, in fact, your basic monster movie with an american touch. It is no secret that J.J is a fan of monster movies and wanted to make america have it's own monster... There is a problem though....

THE MONSTER:

The monster is not American at all.... The monster did go through its infancy and grew up under the Atlantic, but its origin, like Godzilla, came from Japan. This is where the Slusho reference comes from. Slusho does have a part in the movie, but is not as significant as people would think. It plays a small role in the beginning of the movie as to the origin of the monster. This was as much info on the monster as I can get... the reason for this is because no, including cast and crew has actually seen the monster. I don't even think J.J knows what the final monster will look like.. that is being kept very secret... The monster will be entirely in CGI where, indeed, most of the films budget will go.... There weren't even any anamatronic hands or feet on set which implies that there will be no real/direct contact with the monster and cast (unless it's all CGI)..... And as for the theories of multiple monsters... NO.. sorry, it is only one gigantic monster.

To conclude, it is not Godzilla, A lion, Voltron, Rampage.. or any of the other monsters people have been thinking... it will be original and it will be a Creature of some sort (not robot)... they are still working on what it will actually look like..

THE PLOT:

So, again, I could only get so much info on the topic... But basically this film has seen more rewrites than... well.. whatever other movie has seen a lot of rewrites... a lot basically. Originally the entire film was all destruction from beginning to end, J.J wanted all action, all the time. It was, like I said, your basic Monster movie, no real plot, as long as people die and te monster destroys a lot of stuff... But after the buzz over the trailer, the producers felt that there needed to be more to the story than just things blowing up... so the rewrites began.. but there was only so much they can do.... They did give a little bit on Rob and Beth and they're crushes.. and a little bit on the brother and friends.. but for the most part. .there's no real character development in this movie... And so... the myspaces were created to give the characters a little more back story.. this way, true fans will know much about the characters when the film finally does release... but those who only have seen the trailer and never took anything out of it than another monster movie and won't get much backstory on the characters... since the plan is to make most of the movie about the destruction... Though... the monster will not truly be revealed until about 30 minutes in to the movie...

THE STLYE:

Though many feel that the movie will consist of home video to give it a more "real" effect.. this is not true... The film will be shot the way we see any other movie (we'll call it Film Look) but will have parts in home video, like the trailer. Infact, what we see in the trailer is in the movie, but there are "Film Look" scenes in between that we haven't seen. As much as some people would like to see a blair witch style movie with this film... it siimply doesn't work... everything woudl be too shaky and the audience will be too bored with the handheld... and if the film was shot that way.... it would suggest that, like Balir witch, the monster would be diffficult to see or not seen at all.. which would not satisfy the audience.. and So I guess we get the best of both worlds with both styles intergrated... Plus... who holds on to a camera the hole time..It's just not believeable....

THE SITES:

So the offical sites are still 1-18-08.com and Slusho.jp.. no warbloid or rage of the gods....though Slusho doesn't have that big of a part in the movie, it does have the most clues as to the origins of the monster...but I don't know, my friend doesn't know... but some one knows what they're doing.. but it's too confusing and frustrating to crack the "codes" so to speak.. And then there's 1-18-08.com.... There are still only 5 pictures with two of them having messages.... There are no real clues in these pictures.. I'm sorry.. The pictures were put up there as more teasers as to what happened that night..giving you a time frame. There are no hidden messages and if they are.. we'll never find out until the movie comes out...

But Good news... the producers are listening to the fans who are frustrated with the mystery and know that you can only hold out for so long... A reason for this is was the lousy roar that was inserted 6 minutes into staying on the site... the producers found out that you guys were outraged that a new picture or some form of information was giving.. it was just a roar.. so they want to make up for it...

TITLES and NEW TRAILERS:

So everyone has been wondering what the title will be... and you are no different from the producers... when production began.. the film still didn't have a title... Cloverfield, Slusho, Etc. were just working titles (I'm sure we all knew that) But J.J really, really wanted to get the trailer out in time for the release of Transformers since he's smart and knows that it will be seen a lot with a blockbuster like that... So what do they do... they push it with no title and what they had shot already.. hence... we all saw what some have said to be the greates trailer ever made.. though it was all pretty much a fluke by J.J for not having a title ready... not to say that they didn't know what they were doing... I'm sure they wanted the movie to seem mysterious.. but there was not title to release at the point... And if that weren't enough.. they did decide to release the title at Comicon..but after the poster leak fiasco.... they scratched it and went back to the drawing board... It was going to be Monstrous (and they saved themselves by releasing other posters with other adjectives)... but because of the leak.. they decided to change it again... soon Overnight and Parasite were scratched and the newest "weak" title "Wreck" will soon be scratched... For some reason J.J wants to keep the title one word.. it's like his thing (Alias, Lost).. and not very ellaborate titles.. just basic words... but I dunno if we'll be happy with the final title...but as for now.. they're still working on it..

Which leads to the new trailer that will soon come out that will AGAIN have no title!!!! What is up with that.. give it a title already!!.. But the new trailer will consist of actual scenes related to the aftermath of the first trailer.. This includes Rob among other friends struggling to get away from the monster (which won't be shown of course.. again)... ad find themselves at a first aid center where (as I have seen on previous posts on the new trailer).. will have "infected people".. but no.. this will not be a monster/zombie movie.. the infection is a result from a mysterious ooze that comes from the monster.. upon contact.. they get sick and may look like zombies.. but do not hunt for brains... It just makes them look like crap for some reason..

So that's my theory.. I'm sure I left some stuff out.. but I can only remember so much.... So, personally, I don't think the movie will live up to the hype.. I think we all wanted a little bit more out of this movie.. but we'll soon find out that the phenomenon was basically a fluke which went to the producers advantage.. and now we're left with the obession of trying to find out what this movie is about and they're struggling to try and live up to the hype.. it's just a big mess..

(Forum IMDB)

ça calme...

A friend if mine who

was [relation to the film deleted by editor] told me

there's thousands upon thousands of "parasites" on the big monster

that leap off and attack everything in sight after it's been hit by

some tank shells.

Supposedly they are sort of "Alien" looking with five

or six claw like legs.

PS - the movie is (sort of) a modern day version of "The Beast

from 20,000 Fathoms " . Which if you ever seen it was about a giant

monster attacking NYC.

(Ain't It Cool News)

Je pense qu'on touche de plus en plus à la logique du film. Adios Cthulhu !

• 4 weeks later...

Tain ce sujet mirobolant était passé en page 2 du forum...

Faisons quelque chose...

Une nouvelle photo vient d'apparaitre sur le site officiel, et comment dire.... WATADAFUCK ?

Le texte en japonais qui est ecrit au dos de la photo signifie ça :

“ody, thank you for viewing! I’ll introduce this week’s delicious recipe. Please make sure to keep this one cold!

*Skinless chicken breast - 2, cut in halves

*Soumen (a kind of japanese noodle) - 10 oz.

*Watercress - 1/2 cup cut into small strips

*Turnip - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced

*Shiitake (japanese mushrooms) - 1/2 cup

*Chicken stock - 1/3 cup

*Sake (japanese rice wine) - 2 tbsp.

*Sugar - 1/2 tsp.

*Ocean-bottom nectar- one pinch

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes, and then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and then run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, turnips, and mushrooms into the soumen. Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on top of the soumen mix. Just before you serve, put the ocean-bottom nectar in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go go Oishii (”delicious”) Chef!”

Sachant que le Ocean-bottom Nectar est le fameux ingrédient secret dans les Slushos, et que le chef prévient "Please make sure to keep this one cold" sinon on sait qu'il se passe quelque chose de pas cool. Bref une autre piste.

Et pour le fun, un fan a fait ce dessin de ce que pourraient être les monstres. Je trouve ça plutot bien fait donc hop :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MON DIEU CA ANESTHESIE LES OVAIRES DE MAÏTE !!!!!!!

1-18-08" to Get New Trailer... and a Title!

Source: ComingSoon.net October 31, 2007

All has been relatively quiet on the 1-18-08 front for the last few months since the San Diego Comic-Con, but a source for ComingSoon.net has revealed to us that the J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie will get a new trailer AND its title will finally be revealed on November 16 in front of Robert Zemeckis' animated Beowulf.

So far, we know very little about the movie beyond what we've seen in the teaser this past summer, the pictures on the official site, the director and writer (Matt Reeves and Drew Goddard) and some of its cast (Michael Stahl-David, Odet Jasmin, Mike Vogel, Lizzy Kaplan), but hopefully, more will become clear in a few weeks.

Stay tuned for when the trailer comes online!

Pfff nan c'est rien... Faites comme si vous n'aviez pas perdu 30secondes de votre vie à lire ça... Marci... C'est magnanime de votre part...

EXCLUSIVE! THE CLOVERFIELD TRAILER - SEEN!

By Devin Faraci

I have seen the trailer for the monster movie coming from producer JJ Abrams on January 18, 2008. The trailer, which was dated last week and lasts 2 minutes and 16 seconds, will debut in front of Beowulf on November 16th, and it's supposed to be when the title is announced. The version of the trailer I saw had the title attached at the end, so unless this title card was a temporary placeholder for the real title, this movie is called... wait for it...

Cloverfield.

Yep, the name we heard from the start. This does make me think that maybe this trailer, marked as Trailer #1, V.17, with "Newest FX Shots", could change between now and the 16th, especially in regards to the name. We'll see. In the meantime, here's a rundown of what I saw in the trailer (based on the notes I took when I was shown a poor quality copy of the trailer. I was only allowed to watch it twice):

It opens with text:

Multiple sightings of case designate 'Cloverfield'

Camera retrieved at incident site 'U.S. 447'

(Area formerly known as Central Park)

Then we see the footage from the teaser trailer, mostly fast forwarded up to the end, with the explosion and the Statue of Liberty's head landing in the middle of the street. Then there's a guy speaking into the camera.

Guy: My name is Robert Hawkins. Approximately seven hours ago, someTHING attacked the city.

There are flashes of chaos. Much of the trailer is made up of split second moments, and when combined with the fact that it's extreme shaky cam style and that I was watching a terrible copy, it can be hard to make things out. There's a helicopter shot of the headless Statue of Liberty.

Guy again: I have no idea what it is. If you found this,if you're watching this thing, you know more about it than i do.

Then there's a shot of jets flying overhead, in daylight.

A title card reads 'From producer JJ Abrams'

There's more flashes of chaos, there's a guy on a cellphone trying to find out where 'Beth' is, and then there's a girl yelling, 'We cannot go in the middle of the city! we've got to get out of here!'

More chaos. More quick shots. I imagine this stuff will be picked apart when the trailer debuts online.

Over this is what seems to be a conversation between an Army guy and a girl.

Army dude: There's nothing we can do right now

Girl: do you know what that thing is?

Army dude: Whatever it is, it's winning.

More flashes. An argument:

Guy 1: We have no idea what's out there!

Guy 2: I don't care what's out there. Listen to me - she's dying!

Then there's footage of army guys running and shadows on a wall. Shadows of a screaming woman being attacked by a small monster (possibly two - either she's being pulled away from the monster by someone behind her or there's another monster behind her). It's confirmed: the movie has a big beast and small ones. Like the American Godzilla.

People are hiding in a store, and there are huge thumps making everything shake. The windows of the store explode in.

The big sequence is next: Army guys running up a street, firing into the air. Tanks come up behind them, firing. Rockets launch up.

We see the big monster briefly passing between two buildings. I couldn't make it out at all, but it appeared to be HUGE.

Characters race down subway steps, there's a giant explosion, the cameraman is down, there's a figure in a tunnel, people are yelling 'Run!' and running through the tunnel.

Outside of Central Park, a horse drawn carriage goes by.

Guy: Are you still filming?

Cameraman: Yeah. People are going to want to know... how it all went down.

Shot of the Brooklyn Bridge. A helicopter taking off. Some chaos. Then inside the copter girls screaming as the copter spins out of control.

Cut to black, then the title comes up: Cloverfield.

Then the text: End of tape

Then the release date: 1-18-08

So the info I gleaned from this:

The title is Cloverfield.

There are smaller monsters.

This movie will quite probably make a lot of people motion sick.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12367

Aintitcoolnews avait donc raison....

tu peux nous faire un résumé car c'est toujours chiant de lire en anglais des trucs comme ça...

No problemo feignasse

A la page précédente de ce thread, un gars sur Aintitcoolnews décrivait une nouvelle séquence, il semblerait qu'il avait raison.

La c'est un gars de CHUD.com qui semble avoir vu le trailer qui arrive le 16 novembre accompagnant Beowulf en salles. Ca à l'air d'être très vrai tout ça. Le trailer qu'il a vu était appelé Trailer #1 V.17. Le gars pense qu'il pourrait encore subir des modifs.

Donc. Trailer : 2'16

Ca commence par un texte : "Images du cas appelé "Cloverfield". Caméra récupérée sur le site de l'incident "U.S. 447" (connu précédemment sous le nom de Central Park).

On voit ensuite des images du teaser en accéléré jusqu'a la tête de la statue de la liberté s'écrasant dans la rue.

Un gars parle à la caméra :

RH : "Mon nom est Robert Hawkins, il y a a peu près 7 heures, quelque chose à attaqué la ville".

S'ensuivent des images surdécoupées, tremblantes. (le gars de CHUD prévient qu'il a vu le trailer dans une copie dégueulasse et que tout ça combiné n'aidait pas à la lecture précise des images). Une image aérienne de la statue étêtée.

RH : "Je n'ai aucune idée de ce que ça peut être. Si vous trouvez cette bande, si vous regardez ça, vous en savez probablement plus que moi"

Un plan de jets volant en plein jour.

"From producer JJ Abrams"

D'autres images furtives de chaos. Un gars gréffé à son portable cherche à savoir ou est Beth. Puis une nana hurle "Nous ne pouvons pas aller dans le centre, nous devons partir d'ici".

Toujours plus de chaos avec en voix off un militaire qui parle avec une nana :

Militaire : "Il n'y a rien que nous puissions faire maintenant"

Nana : "Vous savez ce que c'est ?"

Militaire : "Quoi que ça puisse être, c'est en train de gagner"

Chaos. Une enguelade.

Gars 1 : "Nous ne savons pas ce qu'il y a la bas"

Gars 2 : "Je me fous de savoir ce que c'est. Ecoutez moi - Elle est en train de mourir !"

Puis des images de militaires courant et des ombres sur les murs. L'ombre d'une fille hurlant, attaquée par des petits monstres (probablement 2. Il y a soit quelqu'un derrière elle qui la tire hors des griffes du monstre, soit c'est un autre monstre derrière elle). C'est confirmé : le film verra un gros monstre et plusieurs plus petits.

Des gens se cachent dans un magasin et il y a un gigantesque bruit de pas qui fait tout trembler. Les vitres volent en éclas.

La grosse séquence du trailer suit. Des militaires courent dans une rue, tirant vers le ciel. Des tanks arrivent derrière eux, tirant aussi. Des missiles sont préparés.

On voit brievement le gros monstre passer entre deux buildings. Je n'ai pas pu dicerner à quoi il ressemblait mais il est VRAIMENT énorme !

Des personnages se réfugient dans le métro. Il y a une énorme explosion, le cameraman chute. Il y a une silhouette dans un tunnel, les gens hurlent "Courez !" et courent dans le tunnel.

A l'exterieur de Central Park, une cariole tirée par des chevaux passe.

Un gars : "Tu filmes toujours ?"

Cameraman : "Oui, les gens voudront savoir... Comment la fin est arrivée"

Plan du pont de Brooklyn. Un hélicoptère s'envole. Chaos. a l'intérieur de l'hélico une nana se met à hurler alors que la machine commence à tourner sur elle même, hors de controle.

Noir. le titre arrive... Ta tsoin... "Cloverfield"

Puis arrive un texte : "Fin de bande".

Puis "01-18-08"

VOILA !!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OH PUTAIN CA Yééééééééééééééé !!!!

Le trailer est sorti !!!!!!

Il passe donc avant "Beowulf" comme prévu et ressemble à ce que le gars de CHUD disait, sauf qu'il semble avoir été raccourcit. Mais c’est bien ça… C’était pas du pipo !!!!!

Je viens de repeindre mon appartement en blanc crémeux !

Bon attention, le lien que je vais donner fait très très mal aux yeux… TRES TRES. La qualité est abominable, je préviens. C’est pour les hardcoreux !

Et c’est donc sur… Bienvenu à « CLOVERFIELD » !!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?9bendzjd2ap (Ultra horrible qualité, en gros on voit rien, mais en un morceau)

J'aurais prévenu hein...

MEILLEURE QUALITE, un peu... On voit quoi... et qui est exactement ce que le gars de CHUD décrivait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIoB6MguVAk&eurl=http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

Le coup de l'épidémie est bien confirmé par cette photo... Et du coup certaines élucubrations précédentes pourraient être vraies...

Modifié par Invité

Je te jure Joe que je mouille mon slip et que je ne me souviens pas de la dernière fois que l'attente d'un film m'a mis dans cet état.

Putain mais même si on ne voit le monstre que 4 secondes et demi, la trailer nous promet un film éreintant, immersif et tendu, je veux sortir épuisé de la salle... Ce trailer me donne la foi

Je vous tiens au courant de toutes nouvelle info.

EDIT : RAAAAH les enculés !!! ENCULES !!!! Je viens de voir qu'ils venaient de repousser la sortie en Belgique au mois de février, alors qu'elle devait etre quelques jours après la sortie US...

• Créer...