Aller au contenu

Unauthorized: The H. Weinstein Project - Barry Avrich - 2011

alfie

Messages recommandés

Jonathan Sehring, President of IFC Films, announced today that the company has acquired worldwide rights, excluding Canada, to UNAUTHORIZED: THE HARVEY WEINSTEIN PROJECT, Barry Avrich’s much-anticipated documentary about the legendary co-founder of Miramax Films. UNAUTHORIZED is a powerful, uncensored, no-holds-barred account that traces Weinstein’s path from concert promoter on the cold streets of Buffalo to his first trip to the Cannes Film Festival, where he arrived with one pair of pants and closed his first movie deal, to winning an Oscar, and breaking the bank with his first $100 million film. It examines his complex relationships with his brother, his staff, and the Hollywood community at large and features interviews with industry insiders and the Hollywood creative community.

UNAUTHORIZED was produced and directed by Barry Avrich, creator of the critically-acclaimed story of Lew Wasserman, THE LAST MOGUL, and producer of the upcoming Des McAnuff production of THE TEMPEST with Christopher Plummer. The film is narrated by Peter Fonda.

Notes Avrich: “I believe that great stories must be told. Harvey and Bob Weinstein, without a question, redefined so many rules of Hollywood marketing, distribution and filmmaking that you simply can’t ignore their impact on history. Many of their business principles and strategies also redefined other industry practices and quite frankly, other industries. Without Hollywood’s “Last Bully”, there would be no PULP FICTION, no one would have known about that English patient, Rob Marshall would still be a chorus boy and Quentin would be recommending Bruce Lee’s greatest hits in some video store. IFC Films is a great home for my film and I am thrilled that it will be receiving such a prominent release.”

Comments Sehring: “Barry has made an entertaining and provocative film that sheds a tremendous amount of light on what makes this legendary mogul tick.”

This is IFC Films’ third major acquisition at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival. The company previously acquired James Gunn’s SUPER starring Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page, and Werner Herzog’s 3-D CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS.

• Créer...