Aller au contenu

Spaced (US)

Steve

Messages recommandés

Fox is developing an American version of “Spaced,” a ‘90s British sitcom about a young man and young woman who pose as a couple in order to rent a cheap apartment.

The U.K. version was directed by Edgar Wright and co-written by Simon Pegg, who also starred. The same team went on to create the movies “Shaun of the Dead” and “Hot Fuzz.”

Adam Barr (“Will & Grace,” “Desperate Housewives”) is writing the American version. McG (“The OC,” “Chuck”) is executive producer.

• 2 months later...

"Wonderland's McG and Granada's Robert Green will exec produce alongside Barr; the extent of Pegg's and Wright's involvement is still unclear. But Johnson likens the effort to NBC's adaptation of Ricky Gervais' and Stephen Merchant's "The Office" for the U.S., with Greg Daniels in charge."

The interesting part of that is, no-one has been in touch with me at all. Haven't deigned to get in contact. So my involvement is indeed very unclear.

Would love to know what you all have to say about it.

P.S. I can confirm too, that Simon was never contacted either. I don't really want to get involved at all, but it infuriates me that they would a) never bother to get in touch but still b) splash me and Simon's names all over the trade announcements and imply that we're involved in the same way Ricky & Steve were with The Office.

Also, it's worth stressing that I will not be profiting from this reversion, nor do they have to get permission from me to make it.

• Créer...