Aller au contenu

The Blob - Rob Zombie, 201?

Kerozene

Messages recommandés

Ben ouais... encore du remake pour le Zombie.

C'est dit là: http://www.fangoria.com/home/news/9-film-news/3734-get-ready-for-another-remake-of-the-blob-directed-by-who.html

The 1958 Steve McQueen-starrer is about to be remade yet again, and the director may surprise you.

With his sequel to the 2007 remake of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN hitting theaters on the east coast in mere minutes, word has come down through Variety that Rob Zombie will be helming this new take on THE BLOB.

"My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing, that’s the first thing I want to change,' Zombie said. `That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now. I have a totally different take, one that’s pretty dark."

Interestingly, no studio/distributor is attached yet, but the trade reports that funding is in place.

Zombie will produce with Genre Company’s Richard Saperstein and Brian Witten, original `Blob' producer Jack H. Harris, and Judith Parker Harris of Worldwide Entertainment Corporation.

Saperstein, the former Dimension Films president who developed a relationship with Zombie while they worked on `Halloween,' said that funding is in place to make an R-rated film that will cost around $30 million. The film’s budget model is similar to recent fright fare like `Cloverfield' and `District 9,' and they will likely lock in a studio distributor before production begins. Genre Company is in pre-production on the independently financed Darren Bousman-directed remake `Mother’s Day.'

For Zombie, the appeal of taking on `The Blob' as his fifth directorial outing was a chance to broaden his range.

`I’d been looking to break out of the horror genre, and this really is a science fiction movie about a thing from outer space,' Zombie said. `I intend to make it scary, and the great thing is, I have the freedom once again to take it in any crazy direction I want to. Even more than `Halloween,' where I had to deal with accepted iconic characters like Michael Myers and Laurie Strode. `The Blob’ is more concept than specific storyline with characters, so I can go nuts with it.'

Look for more on Rob's cinematic and musical endeavors right here on FANGORIA.com very soon.

• Créer...