Aller au contenu

Ghostbusters 3 par les gars de the office US !

bloknotise

Messages recommandés

oh !?

Sony Moving Forward with New Ghostbusters!

Source: Variety September 5, 2008

Columbia Pictures has set "The Office" co-executive producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script for a "Ghostbusters" film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

Eisenberg and Stupnitsky just wrote The Year One, a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989.

Ghostbusters was Columbia's highest grossing film ever, until it was beaten by Men in Black and then Spider-Man. An attempt to make a third installment of the franchise was stymied in the dealmaking stage.

No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready.

• 1 month later...

Bill Murray à propos du projet :

Q: You play a hero in "Ghostbusters" and a villain in this movie. Is it more fun playing a good guy or a bad guy? And what persuaded you to go back for the rumored "Ghostbusters 3"?

Murray: Well, you're way ahead of me, but that's okay. There's someone trying to write a script for another "Ghostbusters" movie. There's two fellows from "The Office" that are writing a script, but I have yet to see it. And I'm more involved with, you know, trying to get the dessert we order at lunch than I am with the new "Ghostbusters" sequel. (Laughter) But it's possible. It's a great idea that they hired these two guys to do it, 'cause I think it could be a fresh look at it. And it could be funny. We did a sequel and it was rather unsatisfying for me, because the first one to me was 'the goods.' It was the real thing, and the sequel, you know, it was a few years later, and there was an idea pitched. They got us all together in a room. We just laughed for a couple of hours, and then they said, "What if we did another one? Here's an idea these guys have got." So they had this idea, but it didn't turn out to be the idea when I arrived on the set. They'd written a whole different movie. And the special effects guys got their hands on it, and it was just not the same movie. There were a few great scenes in it, but it wasn't the same movie. So there's never been an interest in a third "Ghostbusters" 'cause the second one was kind of disappointing, for me, anyway. But the third one could happen.

But you asked me a question about bein' a bad guy and a good guy. It's so much easier to be a bad guy. It's a piece a cake. It's a joke. (Laughter) And, you know, I keep saying, "Why do they give Oscars to guys that play bad guys," 'cause it's so simple. Play a good guy some time. That's hard. Play a really, decent good person. That's hard.

Q: So would you go back for "Ghostbusters" again?

Murray: Only if I could play an evil person. (Laughter) No, it's mostly all about the script. I don't have any obligation to the franchise or anyone. If the script were good and I thought we could do it, it'd be fun. But, you know, it's only now that this has ever been a prospect. No one's ever talked about it for a long time, 'cause the second one was the way it was. This is just kind of a clever idea. I think they see that, and the fact that every interview today has asked me about the "Ghostbusters" movie--every single person--means that there is some interest for it. You think you're talking about the "City of Ember," but I've answered as many questions about the "Ghostbusters" as I have about… well, not as many, but, I mean, on every single one. So there's interest in it.

reste de l'interview :

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49375

'T1 ça m'emballe grave cette histoire

pourvu que ça se fasse

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Et patatras...

Triste nouvelle pour les inconditionnels de Bill Murray dans Ghostbusters :  le troisième volet de la série ne verra pas le jour. C'est l'acteur lui-même qui explique la raison pour laquelle tout s'est cassé la figure : «  Harold Ramis est venu nous voir en disant qu'il connaissait de bons scénaristes, très drôles, qui écrivent pour la série The Office. Ils allaient bosser sur le script du prochain Ghostbusters. Ils avaient d'ailleurs juste avant signé le film L'an 1 : des débuts difficiles, réalisé par Harold. Je ne l'ai jamais vu, mais certains membres de l'équipe, oui. Et ils ont dit que c'était l'une des pires choses qu'ils avaient vue de leur vie. Alors, le rêve s'est brisé. C'était fini. » Et d'ajouter enfin que c'était principalement les studios qui voulaient vraiment un troisième film, pour simplement profiter de la franchise.

Et vos fans alors ? C'est pas bien de les oublier comme ça, Mr. Murray...

http://www.ecranlarge.com/article-details-16854.php

Ayant lu l'article original, il me semblait que le projet n'était pas mort pour autant et Bill Murray ne me semble pas être le mieux placé pour en parler vu qu'il a toujours suivi le projet de loin. Je préfèrerais un mot du real, des scenaristes ou des producteurs.

• 2 months later...
Finally, a Ghostbusters 3 story with a bit of meat to chew on.

Vanity Fair spoke with Dan Aykroyd who addressed Bill Murray's rather negative comments on the proposed sequel and revealed a bit of juicy news.

"He was talking about the writers from Year One, and I think he was reacting to the box-office success and the general public view of the film, which in my view was a very serviceable comedy, and in the end I think they’ll make their money back. I think he was concerned that the writing on Ghostbusters 3 by these guys would not be up to standard, but I can tell you firsthand, I'm working on the script now and those two — Stupnitsky and Eisenberg, [writer-producers of The Office] — wrote Bill the comic role of a lifetime, and the new Ghostbusters and the old are all well represented in it...we have a strong first draft that Harold [Ramis] and I will take back, and I’m very excited about working on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Créer...