Aller au contenu

Quand je m'instruis tout en me distrayant, qu'écoute-je ?

tubbytoast

Messages recommandés

Pour son troisième album en trois ans, ce quintette texan met le paquet, distribuant sans rechigner des uppercuts sonores dont la sèche violence n'en oublie pas pour autant l'expérimentation, défrichant au passage des territoires jusque-là vierges. À l'écoute de Relationship Of Command, on aura évidemment une pensée émue à l'endroit des ancêtres Stooges et autres MC5, voire plus sûrement au combo hardcore Fugazi. Les moins connus sont également en mémoire : Prohibition et Shelac, du producteur Steve Albini, qui partagent avec At The Drive-In nombre de préoccupations – le sens de l'ascèse jusqu'au-boutiste et le minimalisme rêche voire autarcique en moins. Edité par les Beastie Boys sur leur label Grand Royal, cette cure de jouvence supersonique devrait éveiller la curiosité des amateurs de fulgurances électriques pour ne plus les lâcher.

LIVE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqKNLR8vWM

• Réponses 1,5k
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Top Posters In This Topic

On reconnait bien la touche Gainsbourg 80's à la prod' et dans les textes. La voix d'Adjani n'étant pas désagreable, ça se laisse ecouter comme une agreable curiosité ! Et j'aime beaucoup "Beau oui comme Bowie"

Je suis à fond dessus en ce moment, je sais pas pourquoi et c mortel ! Et je regrette de pas m'etre bougé pour aller les voir en live cet été

Sinon deux titres que j'ai choppé là, une vieiiiiiiiiiiiillerie old school rap-ragga français qui s'appelle Rico et qui chantait "Bouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge sur le rub a dub style" ! C rigolo

Et un truc d'une fille marseillaise, c de cet été, la plupart de vous doivent detester ! J'avoue que je me branle des paroles mais j'aime bien le rythme de l'instru ! C'est "La rage" de Keny Arkana !

One of the last great heavy metal/psychedelic combinations, the early '80s tour "Black & Blue" featured Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult laying waste to stoned freaks nationwide. First you'd get blitzed by BOC's post-Armageddon, intellectual metal space show--"Don't Fear the Reaper", "Godzilla", and so on--and then, while everyone's brains were still reeling from too much rat weed and cheap booze, Sabbath would come out and bash everyone square between the eyes with two-ton riffs. Black and blue indeed. The members of Monster Magnet no doubt took in a few of these shows as whelps and have absorbed and regurgitated everything that made that tour so great on their record Dopes to Infinity. Witness some of the heaviest riffs you'll ever hear, and be dazzled by subtle acoustic numbers and instrumental wizardry. And if that's not enough for you, they've even thrown in a certified hit in "Negasonic Teenage Warhead", equal amounts BOC's "Godzilla" and Cream's "White Room." Like Kyuss and Corrosion of Conformity, Monster Magnet has suckled at Sabbath's teat, and though they owe the Sabs their existence, they've grown up and created their own vision. This is by far the best, most fully and successfully realized Monster Magnet record and will no doubt stand as one of the classic psychedelic metal albums of all time.

LIVE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogkglJIodPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duj3XT1FHhw

c'est du lourd ! 100 fois plus drole que fatal bazooka !!!

Ptain tu m'as atomisé la

J'ai réellement piqué un fou rire (c'est pas une image, y a des passage ZAZ la dedans)

Ptain sur la fin je m'attendais a ce que Diams sorte sa queue pour enculer la nana !

Y a même un twist a la fin de la chanson

le nouveau Jay Z "Show me what you got" de son prochain album "Kingdom Come"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpst3BFaZt0

filmé à Monaco, quasiment à côté de chez moi pour de vrai en plus je crois qu' à un moment on me voit sur un plan large d'hélicoptère je dansais ..................

là voilà vous m'avez vu dans l'arrière pays niçois,.... c'était moi

Inspired by the invitation to the All Tomorrow's Parties "Don't Look Back" event, where bands convened to play one of their classic albums in its entirety, and the Melvins did indeed play "Houdini" (with Trevor Dunn on bass this time). Unfortunately they didn't record those 2 shows but did re-enact and record the entire mess again in SoCal. It was an invitation-only show, so for those of us not "on the list," here's the document. Mind-boggling.

CLIP :

Oh my. This album is the heaviest album I have ever heard. The whole album sounds like this - imagine having your feet glued to the ground and a giant 8 ton rock is slowly crushing your body. Pretty damn heavy, right? This album makes Black Sabbath sound like The Beatles. And I LOVE Black Sabbath!

But seriously, folks. You have to get your hands on this album. And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM IN A ROOM AS DARK AS YOU CAN GET IT. Turn it way up. Wayyy up. The experience might frighten you, but it is soo great. There were times during the album when I just had to shake my head in disbelief - this is TOO heavy. How can people make music like this?

Let's take Boris. Massively heavy riff repeating throughout the song. And Dale Crover's drums is basically one big fill. You actually cannot tap your foot or bang your head to this because of the magnificent Crover. Just try to, then give up, frustrated.

Other brilliant tunes include Anaconda and Ligature - just BRUTALLY heavy. It's Shoved has the same riff as Nirvana's "Milk It", except theirs has pauses in the riff, this one is just walking. This album came out 2 years before they did Milk It, so... Zodiac and Your Blessened are good. Buzz does some good tortured vocals on one of these tunes (can't remember actually, too busy drooling over the heavy guitar and bass). If I Had an Exorcism might be the tortured vocals one, actually. I THINK IT IS. That one is short, I believe. Your Blessened is good. They all are. Cow is one of the standouts - one of the best drum solos I've ever heard. However, 'Toad' and 'Moby Dick' are better (even though they both are the exact same thing - hooky pop riff, really long drum solo, hooky pop riff.) This thing is just massive pile of sludge riff and awesome drum solo. Dale Crover is not a fast, extremely technical drummer like Neil Peart (wanker). Frankly, Crover could kill him. Dale is just wailing on the drums. He's like a heavy handed brute who's been given a drum set and some sticks.

Brilliant album. If you like music that's so powerful you might get scared, buy this. Hell, if you have ears, buy this. Or download it, or get it burned from one of your friends, I don't care. ACQUIRE THIS ALBUM.

LIVE :

Stag is adulterated Melvins, which is a good thing. Yes, Buzz Osborne, Dale Crover and their bass player of the moment (Mark Deutrom) still pound away to wake the devil. But the trademark metal chuggers frequently give way to surprisingly musical moments. Sitar, trombone, slide guitar, keyboards, and scratches soften the edges of the music. "Lacrimosa" is ambient chopped apart by power chords. Despite its Satanic subject matter, "Black Bock," sounds less like Black Sabbath than the Archies Stag is most appealing when the Melvins betray their roots, and that's about half the time.

CLIP :

Il avait pas annoncé sa retraite pour la 40e fois lui ???

bah si mais les retraites sont faites pour être arrêté car vraiment soit on se fait chier, soit on meurt alors faut mieux qui se remette au travail en plus il a une Beyonce à nourrir à la maison

les producteurs annoncés pour l'album Just Blaze, Kanye West, Neptunes, Timbaland... et bien d'autres

Nouvel album de Gérald Genty.

Après "Humble Heros", il sort "Le plus grand chanteur de tout l'étang"

C'est un poil décevant. la fraicheur du premier album est un peu partie et il se perd dans des textes à tendance très nouvelle chanson française (mes amours perdues, mon couple en crise, la fille qui veut maigrir...) qui était (heureusement) totalement absente de son premier album. et c'est ça qui faisait du bien, justement!

sinon, toujours des textes très rigolos, beaucoup de jeux de mots intelligents (les textes de "Caiman" et du "Yoyo dans l'Ohio" -et l'aioli dans l'iowa- sont des modèles dont Boby Lapointe n'aurait pas rougi!).

ex:

j'aurais fait un mauvais steward

[...]

j'aurais eu des renvois

et c'est pas beau les rots de steward

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...